Nintendo Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nintendo Mania

This is a forum mainly about Nintendo. Just post and have fun!

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Colourful Festivals of Kerala

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JudyLuke
Mr. Saturn
Mr. Saturn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Colourful Festivals of Kerala Empty
PostSubject: Colourful Festivals of Kerala   Colourful Festivals of Kerala Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 2:11 am

A Kerala Tourism made to coincide with these festivals will offer an experience of a lifetime. Diwali is festival that is celebrated all over the state with lights and crackers. Deepavali or Diwali means "a row of lights".
The legend behind this festival is that Narakasura, a demon, ruled the kingdom of Pradyoshapuram. Under his rule, the villagers suffered a lot of hardship. Seeing his wickedness, Lord Krishna set out to destroy the demon and the day Narakasura died was celebrated as Deepavali, the triumph of good over evil!
The Hindus usually awake early in the morning of deepavali and the first ritual will be an oil bath, which is an important feature of Deepavali. Hindus will be dressed in their new clothes on Deepavali. The houses would be decorated with oil lamps and children will play with firecrackers to celebrate the festival. On the first day, they would not go visiting but would stay at home to welcome the guests who visit them.
Deepavali may have deeper significance than what is popularly believed. At the time of the festival the sun is in the house of Thulam (Libra) which signifies commerce, and hence the BAN ME, I CURSED! of Deepavali with merchants and the Goddess of wealth. The darkness and light symbolize ignorance and knowledge respectively.
Back to top Go down
Magnus
Super Star
Super Star
Magnus

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Character sheet
Health:
Colourful Festivals of Kerala Left_bar_bleue100/100Colourful Festivals of Kerala Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Experience:
Colourful Festivals of Kerala Left_bar_bleue0/100Colourful Festivals of Kerala Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

Colourful Festivals of Kerala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colourful Festivals of Kerala   Colourful Festivals of Kerala Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:45 pm

JudyLuke wrote:
BAN ME, I CURSED!

And so you wished. So you shall recieve.

Topic and Part of Topic Maker's Souls eaten out.

Translation for the slow: LOCK'T and WARN'T.
Back to top Go down

Colourful Festivals of Kerala
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nintendo Mania :: Other Rooms :: Basement-
Jump to: